I can’t rave enough about Don. We met working on a Truevision media project in ’96. Working under tight deadlines as a producer for Don, Exec. Producer, gave me a chance to watch this savvy professional under pressure-a delight to work with. Working with Don is like an effortless symphony with not a single note out of tune. When I find a gem like Don, I don’t let them out of my sight.Alexandra SokolCo-Founder & Chief Sustainability Strategist - Ecotelligence / Strategy & Development Adviser USGBC & Green World City
Don is one of the nicest, highest integrity, personable people I’ve had the pleasure to know. Haven’t seen him for a while, but the good memories persist and I would welcome the chance to work with him again. I highly recommend doing business with Don.David Alan FosterChief Development Officer
Working with Don was I would say the best learning experience I have ever had!! Don showed and guided me in not only professional but also in my personal life. His knowledge in the Wireless field and his always positive attitude is addicting and motivates people around him.Alex HauberSr. Network Engineer Network Security at Colonial Savings
Don is perhaps the kindest, gentlest take-no-prisoners CEO I have ever known. That may sound like a contradiction, but Don makes it work with an ease and generosity that inspire complete trust. This is a man who is completely committed to providing value for his investors and customers both; moreover, he does it with unwavering integrity and spirit. Don simply gets the job done. I trust Don completely, and would work with him in a heart-beat on virtually any project he brought to me.Erik NewtonBoard of Directors at North Beach Citizens
Don is one of those folks who ‘gets it’. He has boundless amounts of energy and passion and is not afraid to take risks if he believes in something. Good luck to his competitors trying to keep up!Henk KleynhansSenior Product Manager at Atlassian
Eliot has worked in the film business as a production accountant and auditor. He has prepared and audited claims for refundable tax rebates in his home state of New Mexico for several production companies coming from out of state to film in New Mexico. He has performed auditing for a lender using tax rebates as collateral. He has experience in choosing where to incorporate or set up an LLC for a film/TV production based on the needs of the project. Eliot can work with any tax rebate program anywhere. Eliot has also performed audits for the New Mexico Film Commission film training program. He has worked with payroll services such as Entertainment Partners, Cast and Crew and ADP. Eliot is a CPA and a Certified Internal Auditor. He is also a part time CFO for an engineering technology startup that provides digital rendering software for film and television production. He is a graduate of State University of New York at Buffalo with an MBA. He has his own accounting practice providing tax, accounting, attest and consulting services. He is also an Associate Producer of the soon to be released film, Sunbelt Express (ref: IMDB), shot under SAGAFTRA low budget agreement.
LEVYWORKS, CA, NY, TX, NM, CO, International locales including London & Amsterdam
Business/Product Development Consultancy, emphasis on STEM industries and digital media
FOUNDER / SENIOR EXECUTIVE CONSULTANT
Provide entrepreneurial and “intrapreneurial” start-up leadership, strategic, market and product development vision with corporate, strategic, product and business development processes. Author lean canvas/business plans, operational implementation, social and mobile media development and equity investments or debt formation (~$200MM) for a range of start-ups and large corporations.
KEY CLIENT HIGHLIGHTS:
CINNAFILM (digital media software company), Albuquerque
EXECUTIVE CONSULTANT / ACTING VICE PRESIDENT, MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT
Initially identified strategic sales and business opportunities and helped raise short-term mezzanine financing to expand into new markets and accelerate growth for an established digital media motion enhancement software company. Currently assist development and expansion of product offering at the executive level.
ESCAPEARTIST (WEB services company), Panama
EXECUTIVE CONSULTANT, ACQUISITION & STARTUP (MERGER & ACQUISITION, M&A)
Collaborated with principal to acquire a 17 year-old international web company, negotiated $1MM in financing to secure acquisition, developed operating plan, designed/ evaluated IT/technical infrastructure and spearheaded brand strategy s. Assisted in rollout of updated SEO/SEM practices, email marketing efforts, and implementing customer services.
CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENTARY SERIES, San Diego
EXECUTIVE CONSULTANT, PROJECT DEVELOPMENT
Analyzed languishing 2-year effort to develop mainstream documentary series, which to date had gained no traction. Within 3 months, developed plan for 13-episode series, identified legal counsel, and shepherded the concept/proposal to production companies. The project was well received at first meeting – currently being considered for development in 2015-16.
11i SOLUTIONS (government contractor), Huntsville, AL
CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER & MEMBER, BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Provide direct guidance and assistance to develop cellular interdiction technology intended for top secret laboratories and prisons; shepherd technical development processes and related business startup processes.
CONFIDENTIAL ONLINE ADVERTISING SOFTWARE COMPANY, City of Industry
EXECUTIVE CONSULTANT / ACTING CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Led creation/development of new product/platform to eliminate online ad fraud and waste.
CONFIDENTIAL DATA TRANSPORT TECHNOLOGY COMPANY, Los Angeles, CA
EXECUTIVE CONSULTANT / STARTUP COO, CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY ROLLOUT
Assisted/guided/led LA-Toronto based startup, formed in May 2009, to expand geographic footprint and roll out secure managed data delivery of very-large files between major world locations (such as LA, NY, Vancouver, London, Beijing, Sydney) delivering predictable results in a fraction of the time currently available. Services provided included: Authored business plan, raised capital, expanded industry contacts, and developed key strategic and market initiatives.
SKYWI, (broadband wireless access company), Fort Worth, TX
FOUNDER, CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Founded company and raised initial $1.5MM seed capital to exploit/converge two separate but related business opportunities: a) Need for high-speed access in rural markets and b) Pending introduction of OTT (Over-The-Top) distribution of media. Introduced Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) company designed to transport OTT media using an “UltraSpeed™” last-mile network to connect under/non-served “edge-net” markets directly surrounding major metropolitan areas.
TECHNICAL OPPORTUNITY & INITIATIVE:
- Assessed technologies, discovered synergies, and designed service to transport OTT media using “UltraSpeed™” last-mile network to connect under/non-served “edge-net” markets directly surrounding major metropolitan areas.
- Raised over $19MM to design and test concept of OTT media distribution across unlicensed wireless spectrum providing a minimum of 10Mbps+ to each household (media-enabled wireless ISP).
- Developed product profile that immediately lapped competing service providers and established competitive bulwark.
- Acquired $10MM VoIP company and merged operations, technology, and personnel to create triple-play company.
- Defined and implemented ‘lean canvas’ plans with minimal budget resulting in 500% growth after initial launch; grew client base to 1500 customers in first year – next closest competitor took three years to gain 700 customers.
- Developed and inspired team of 23 technology and business people to deliver outstanding service.
WAM!NET, Mountain View, CA and Eagan, MN
DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT
Charged with creating and managing new Media & Entertainment division ($3MM investment, $16MM revenue $42MM book of business) for global company. Developed strategic initiatives (100+) leading to alliances or acquisition of technology, infrastructure and application entities; led M&A activity to establish WAM!NET as ‘standard’ across North America.
- Secured equity investment of $160MM and infrastructure cost reductions of 50%.
- Identified product development opportunities; partnered with engineering team to develop/implement; solved last mile bandwidth transport of uncompressed media (access): 1st to transport SD, HD, and uncompressed production media across the Internet (OTT during Election 2000).
- Increased market & competitive advantage, resulting in $42MM of new business revenue in less than 4 years; developed sales program, personally capturing 100+ of 150 targeted accounts for $5MM annualized revenue.
- Initiated and led acquisition of workflow company enabling WAM!NET to become de facto operational standard within postproduction & consolidated advertising transport across North America (market acquisition).
- Conceived and delivered ‘Project Kahuna’ a $600MM consolidation play in TV advertising distribution across the US.
DIGIPIX EDITORIAL, New York, NY
World’s first digital non-linear commercial editorial company, member AICE; acquired by RVI
Identified electronic editing trend and launched/financed two editorial companies; monetized 2nd generation online technology into profitable ‘off-line’ business and proved business model viability (West End Editorial) and introduced the industry to nonlinear editing workflows via Avid Technology (Digipix). Led senior management team to deliver revenues of $2MM annually within 12 months.
Edited and post-supervised television commercials and prime time programming, show opens, music videos, mini-series, corporate programming and theatrical movie releases; successfully completed 1000+ projects.
Negotiated & managed major Fortune 500 accounts and special projects for luminaries such as Woody Allen, John Sayles, Martin Scorsese, and Stephen King for film projects.
Developed EDL management and post supervisory services; trained 1000+ editors in use of new nonlinear technology.
NBC, ABC, CBS, HBO, Children’s Television Workshop, MTV, ESPN, Ogilvy & Mather, McCann Erickson, True North, Leo Burnett, BBDO, Grey Advertising, Heiss Agency (Germany), Reuters (UK), USA Networks, Universal Studios, Sony Pictures, Tribune Entertainment, BBC (UK), Nickelodeon.
- Pearl Jam – Jeremy (MTV award)
- One Life to Live – promo
- MTV Buzz TV – show
- U2 – concert
- Ghostwriter – show
- Paine Webber – 3D show animation
- Los Lobos (MTV award)
Coca-Cola, Miller Beer, America West, Chrysler, NBC – Saturday Night Live, Mountain Dew.
- Children Television Workshop
- Crossroad Films
- Ogilvy & Mather
- McCann – Erickson
- Foot, Cone & Belding
- True North
- Leo Burnett
- Heiss Agency, Germany
- Reuters, London
- USA Networks
- Universal Studios
- Sony Pictures
- Walt Disney Studios
- Tribune Entertainment
- Phillip Morris Germany
- Evian France
- Woo Art International
- Time Warner
- The Mill, London
- Crawford Post
- Pearl Jam – “Jeremy” music video
- One Life to Live – TV promo
- Buzz TV – MTV
- U2 Concert
- Ghostwriter – pilot and 2nd seasons
- Homicide, Life on the Street, show open
- Ray Charles – Coca-Cola spot
- Spin Magazine – promotion
- Ocean Spray Cranberries
- Dance for the Right Thing – GHMC
- Paine Webber – 3D animation
- Miller Beer
- America West Airlines
- Maxwell House
- ABC – One life to Live
- NBC – Saturday Night Live
- GQ Magazine
- Royal Crown Cola
- Mountain Dew
- Pearl Jam
- The Who
- Bruce Springsteen
- Los Lobos
- The Cars
- Woody Allen – Don’t Drink the Water
- Stephen King – The Stand
- John Sayles – Passion Fish
- Martin Scorsese – Casino
- Arsenio Hall – The Arsenio Hall Show
- Joan Rivers – Gossip, Gossip, Gossip
- Muhammad Ali – special projects
- Michael Moore – Pets or Meat
- Ariel – Italy
- Thomas English Muffins – UK
- Wired TV – Australia
- Maxwell House – UK
- Philip Morris – Germany
- Ruben Blades – Mexico